- Click Here To Find Out More About:
- It Procurement Consultants San Francisco
By Earma Brown
Have you been guilty of procrastinating on your book project, lately? Like the author, many writers hinder themselves with wrong thinking about writing and completing their books.
Knowledge and know-how can be formed into nine easy steps that will destroy the power of procrastination. Using the amazingly easy steps below writers can conquer the giant procrastination and speedily write their best book now:
1. Act Now. Action will paralyze fear each and every time.
2. Avoid marathon writing. Know you dont have to become a hermit to write and complete a successful book.
3. Commit to the tracking approach. Doing a set amount even if its only an hour- each day builds a cumulative effect.
4. Know you dont have to write chapters in order. You can jump around and fill in the blanks to gain momentum.
5. Maintain your momentum. Dont give in to writers block. Move on to work on the chapter you feel passion bubbling for at that moment.
6. Rewrite & Re-organize. Be a professional. Dont be lazy and save all the editing for your editor. Make your manuscript the best it can be.
7. Learn to Delegate. Dont succumb to the idea that you have to do it all yourself if you want it done right. Discern your talents and delegate the rest. Let go faster and profit sooner.
8. Work Efficiently. Embrace technology. If you dont know how something works, find out. Take a class. Read articles. Learn how to use your software to make things easier and faster.
9. Print Out & Back Up Daily. Dont believe a computer crash can never happen to you. Save your work somewhere besides your computer hard drive floppy disk, cd, DVD. Make a hard copy of your manuscript. Print out changes as you work.
Even so, nothing can happen until that first draft is completed. Procrastination is ultimately based on fear of failure. It has stopped countless of book projects and stolen the vision of many more. Dont allow procrastination to become a giant towering over your book dreams.
Step out of your comfort zone prepare your marketing plan, mine your existing knowledge and create a framework for each chapter, speed write your book and youll be surprised at what you accomplish by following the above simple steps of the Write Your Best Book Now writing program.
About the Author: Earma Brown, 11 year author, business owner, web developer helps service business owners, professionals and writers who want to write their best book now! Earma mentors other writers and business professionals through her monthly ezine iScribe. Send any email to email@example.com for free 7 lesson mini-course Jumpstart Writing Your Book!