- Click Here To Find Out More About:
- Dr. Amir Tahernia
Most of us dont think about taking care of our skin, weconsider it very time consuming. At such times, think about how our skin helpsour body. It is a shield from all sorts of harmful elements. Through out thelife, the skin goes through wear and tear due to the environmental factors aswell as the genetic factors. Therefore it is important to include anti aging skin careas part of our health andfitness plan.
The way your skin looks, determines how you look. You willnot look young with a saggy skin. The first skin care tipsfor yourskin is to avoid damage. The main elements that could damage your skin are; sunrays, wind and pollutants.
- Excess sun exposure can affect your skin adversely. It causes wrinkles and dryness in the skin. It is best to avoid going out in the sun in the peek times (10 am to 4 pm). In case of skin carefor men, the nature of their job may be such that they have to be out in the sun during the day, for such situations you could wear long sleeved and light colored clothes. Use sunscreen on the exposed parts of your skin or a moisturizer with SPF 15.
- Smoking is not only harmful to health, but also makes your skin look old and wrinkled and ends up in premature ageing of the skin. Due to the smoke, your skin is not able to retain oxygen and these results in narrowing of the blood vessels in the skin. Thus it is not able to get all the required nutrients. Your skins collagen is also damaged due to the smoke which leads to less elasticity and strength of the skin.
- Skin carefor men and women are not as different as people think. In fact men need to take care of their skins more as they are the ones who face the dirt and pollution during the day. One important skin care tip for both, men and women, is not to spend time in the hot baths. This can remove some important oils and moisture from the skin. Use mild cleansers and moisturizers on your skin and avoid products which are made of more number of chemicals.
- Another skin care tip is to eat healthy. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables can benefit your skin and give it a natural glow making it look younger.
Proper daily skincare program is very important for avoiding ageing of the skin. Here aresome skin care tips you could follow to give your skin a clean, glowing and younglook:
- Cleansing: The most important part of skin care for men and women, is to clean your skin daily. You can purchase a good quality cleanser from your nearest drugstore. According to your skin type, you can choose the cleanser which best suits you. Cleanse only once in the day and do not rub the skin too roughly. If you have dry skin, a cold cream can be applied after cleansing your skin. Washing your face with lukewarm water in the morning is enough to remove the excess oils.
- Exfoliate: You can exfoliate your skin once a week. Scrubs remove the dead skin layer, revealing the fresh skin beneath. You could also use toners. These remove the dirt, oil and make up without harming your skin.
- Moisturize: It is important to moisturize your skin daily. They soothe the dry skin and make it look healthy.